View Full Version : The Ride Starts One More Time

Budwoman
03-03-2003, 12:46 PM
I thought things were starting to settle down for awhile and now...... Here we go again..

Yesterday when I went to visit Butch, I was told that He could have no visitors because he had been put in segregation. I really was shocked because things had been going pretty good except he could not get a job because of his back problem.

I called the Prison this morning and found out that he got into an altercation (they called it) it was actually a fight with another inmate on the unit. They told me he did not have a write up yet, but it was under investigation. So, I have not heard from him to find out what has happened.

Send your prayers to him because I know he needs them... His not being able to work since June 2 has caused a great deal of flustration for him.... He has not been able to work since June 2002. It seems like he is consistantly jabbed at. Maybe it is just my imagination, I don't know.... I can never get any informations any more because they keep telling me that He is a man of 37 and is on his own.... That is B___ S___/

Oh well, say a prayer for me too.

Donna

Barbara
03-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Donna, I am sorry to hear about Butch, I know this is a set-back for him but he will work it out. As you know I have been through this many times as you have and I think it is harder on us than on our boys. Richard use to write me all the time telling me mom I am a grown man please don't look at me as if I were still your baby boy LOL well he will always be my baby boy but I try to not let him know that LOl. I will be holding Butch in my thoughts. Love Barbara

cherrie
03-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Donna and Butch,

Just wanted to let you know I am lifting you both up in prayers. Sending lots of them your way.

Try to stay strong Donna I know it is hard at times!!!!!

cherrie from tx

lulu
03-03-2003, 01:23 PM
Donna, I am so sorry that you and Butch have to go through this. Please know that you all are in my prayers

deb
03-03-2003, 01:44 PM
I hope things get better for him and soon..........

Deb

Lysbeth
03-03-2003, 05:13 PM
Donna, I am so sorry you are having to go thru the wringer again and you know you and Butch will be in my prayers. You have been thru so much and I wish I could take the hurt away for you, I know that that visit that wasn't yesterday was a real blow. {{hugs}}

Do keep in mind too that it could have been something that couldn't have been avoided, it might have been a case of him being forced to stand up for himself or any of those things... you know how that stuff goes.

Hang in there and will be thinking good thoughts, hope he will get out of Seg soon...

Many hugs & love,
Lys

albajo
03-03-2003, 05:49 PM
DEAR DONNA ; IM SO SORRY THIS HAPPENED BUT AS WE WELL KNOW BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE IN PRISON AND THE PRISON SYSTEM IS SO DISORENTED THAT THE ONES RUNNING IT CANT FIND THEIR BEHINDS WITH BOTH HANDS;IT MAKES ME WANT TO THROW UP WHEN I HEAR ABOUT THE PUKES WHO CALL THEMSELFS GUARDS WITHHOLDING ANY THING FROM OUR PEOPLE; THAY JUST USE THEIR POWER TO SHOW THE INMATES WHOS BOSS; AND MAKE THEM WONDER WELL WILL I BE WROTE UP OR WHAT; ITS NOT ONLY UNFAIR TO THEM ITS UNFAIR TO US; THE ONES WHO LOVE THEM AND ARE TRYING TO MAINTAIN WHILE THAY ARE AWAY ; I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND BUTCH; YOU JUST LET HIM KNOW YOU ARE THERE FOR HIM !! ITS JUST TOO BAD WE CANT SLAP THE TASTE OUT OF SOME OF THEM GUARDS MOUTHS; BUT THEN WE WOULD BE IN TROUBLE SO ITS A NO WIN SITUITION; BUT WE WOULD SURE FEEL GOOD CAN I GET A AMEN ON THAT!!! TELL BUTCH TO HANG IN THERE AND HOPEFULLY HE WILL BE HOME SOON GOD BLESS YOU BOTH

SHERRON
03-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Donna.....so sorry you didn't get to visit with butch, hopefully everything will be ok the next time you go ......hang in there sweetie!!!

jdswifey02
03-03-2003, 08:04 PM
Donna.... ARGH!! Being turned away from a visit SUCKS.... and not knowing what exactly happened is torture... I hope you hear from Butch SOON, so you will at least know what happened.... You will both be in my thoughts..... keep us posted....

Joy
03-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Donna, you will hear from Butch soon and you will know the truth. He has a lot to be proud of though because he has been doing so well. sometimes it's 2 steps forward, one step back once in a while, but in the end, he is still moving forward. He did so wonderful during his interview and the way he has changed since this thing with Renee is so wonderful. You and he have a lot to be proud of.

Love ya
Joy

Valerie
03-03-2003, 08:23 PM
Donna I'm sorry this happened.What a disappointment!I hope you hear from Butch soon.......Valerie

TxRenee
03-03-2003, 09:26 PM
Donna,
You and Butch are in my thoughts and prayers!!
*HUGS*
Renee

cepora
03-04-2003, 12:05 AM
You and Butch are in my thoughts and prayers.

danielle
03-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Donna,

That's horrible. I am so sorry. *HUGS* to both you and Butch. I hope you find out what's happening and find out soon! :(

Phil in Paris
03-04-2003, 06:11 AM
Donna

I'm really sorry this happened !!! Hopefully Butch won't be written up !!!

I keep both you and him in my thoughts.
Stay strong
Phil

LucidDream
03-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Donna,
sending hugs to you and Butch. I'm sorry you couldn't visit with him and I will keep him in my prayers.

hugs,
Cindy

sherri13
03-04-2003, 09:55 AM
Donna-

you know how much I love you and Butch
you have been such a wonderful friend (and stand-in momma :)) for me and Ron--I only wish I could do as much for you..

you are both in my daily thoughts and prayers and please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do

big hug!!!

emme
03-04-2003, 03:15 PM
donna...

i'm so very sorry...i hope you hear from butch soon, and this turns out to be not *so* bad...

all the best,
emme

Budwoman
03-05-2003, 07:27 AM
I got a letter from Butch yesterday.... His left hand is broken (he is left handed) and the letter was sort of hard to read.... He did get into a fight. Here is what he said.
" I was laying on my bunk about 10:00 am on Sunday. Another inmate came to the foot of my bunk and started screaming and yelling at the guy in the top bunk. I asked him to lower his voice twice. He did not. I got up and went to the restroom. When I came back to my bunk, The inmate started cussing and yelling at me. He said he was going to beat my A--. I told him if he thought he could to go ahead. He swung at me and hit me in the forhead, cutting a gash in my head. Boy, I lost it Mom... I hit him twice and he landed on the floor and did not move. They locked both of us up and I don't know whether I will receive a write up yet or not. I am going to fight it if I do because I will be disrespected like that without protecting myself:"

So, guys, I guess that is what has happened... He told me that while he is in Seg he could use a pen pal or two because it is very lonely there.

Here is his address

Butch C. Clark #0076993
Cleveland Correctional Center
260 Kemper Road
Shelby, N. C. 28150

I will let you know as things happen... Thanks for the understanding...

Donna

SHERRON
03-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Donna......I am so sorry Butch has to go through this................((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) ))))))

chuysruca
03-06-2003, 01:11 PM
I just sent some prayers up for guidance, clarity and, most of all, strength for Butch (and for you). Take care.

albajo
03-09-2003, 07:01 AM
donna can butch have computer printouts?? i know travis and buckie can and thay are in polk; please let me know and ill get him a packet togather of uplifting thoughts and jokes things young boys enjoy; just some plain good reading; if he can have it i will send it god bless you and hang on as you tell us thanks for all your help

flygirlaa2
03-09-2003, 10:50 AM
Donna, I just printed him a letter with some paintings. Hope he enjoys them.

PixieQueen
03-09-2003, 12:02 PM
You'll definetly both be in my prayers.

Budwoman
03-09-2003, 01:18 PM
hanks all i have not heard from him lately..... I hope he is OK.....

Love Ya
///dona

Phil in Paris
03-11-2003, 05:50 AM
Donna,

I didn't see you post his address. I will send him a card too !! :) From a left handed to another left handed !! :D

All my love
Phil

Budwoman
03-11-2003, 08:06 AM
I got another letter from him yesterday.... He is mentally OK and not as depressed as I thought he might be.. He is still fighting the write up and seems to have some guards on his side who say that the fight was not his fault and that he did not start it. ( he just finished it) Oh well.... that's my son, he has never been a person who could walk away when someone hits him or threatnen's a member of his family or a friend.... He has never started a fight, but he will not walk away from one either...

I am just glad that he is OK... The rest will be worked out with the help of God.

My Thanks to all of you

My Love
Donna

PS I will be off the computer for the rest of the week. Am leaving today for vacation... Will be in Texas this weekend but will be on for a little down there.

Lysbeth
03-11-2003, 05:13 PM
Donna, so glad to hear that Butch is hanging in there. Prayers are with you both... and hope you had a GREAT time at the PTO conference!!! :)

Budwoman
03-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Well, I came home from the Conference and found that Butch was given the write up.. They did not give him anymore seg time so that was good. They were supposed to move him to Salisbury, NC which is about 1 hour away from me, but instead, he as been moved to Goldsboro, NC about 250 miles away... It is a 3 1/2 hour drive and I will have to go and spend the night.

Maybe things will work out for him soon.... I know he is getting so very discouraged..

Love Ya
Donna

torrey
03-19-2003, 10:34 AM
Dear Donna,
I very sorry about the news. This reminds me of a story my brother told me. He is now working with some parolees. His company has hired. According to them they claim that certain inmates get flagged some how. The person in charge CO or who ever will pick on that prisoner to get them in trouble. Including getting another inmate to pick fights, plant drugs etc. Especially if they are coming up for parole. (they don't want them to get out) If I remember correctly Butch was getting in a bit a trouble before his parole hearing.

Maybe at the next conference we can invite a few Parole Officers, Correctional Officers or Warden to take Q and A session with us. It would be interesting to hear their side of these allegations.

Budwoman
03-19-2003, 10:38 AM
I agree Torrey. I think they would offer a great deal to our next conference.... I sure hope that will be possible.

Yes, I agree with you.... Butch is one of those inmates that is tagged by the CO's and officers. He is a big man 285 lbs. And on top of that, he is a leader and they do not like leaders. They feel that they might could instigate trouble, even tho, Butch is not that type of person... All he wants is to be able to come home soon...

But, then too, he will not lay down for them.... he does not fight nor does he instigate anything, but he will defend himself at all times....

Thanks for careing Torrey.... It has to get better. I don't thing too much more can happen

Love Ya Girl

Donna

lulu
03-19-2003, 11:20 AM
I just wnated you to know that i have recived a letter from Butch, I will be wiritng him back tomorrow, such a nice man

Budwoman
03-19-2003, 11:34 AM
LuLu

His address has changed over the weekend. They have moved him to Goldsboro, N. C. I will send you a PM with his new address. Yes, he really is a good man....

Love Ya girl

Donna

Pammie55us
03-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Donna, I'm so sorry that this happened. It's so very hard to have to walk away without a visit and not knowing what's going on. You both are in my prayers and thoughts. Try and stay strong and let us know what's going on....

lulu
03-19-2003, 12:26 PM
I got it Donna, thanks,

Lysbeth
03-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Donna, glad to hear they are giving him no more seg time, sorry to hear about them moving him farther away. My trip's 250 miles too... I just crank up the stereo 'til my ears about bleed, sing 'til I've about got laryngitis, and count cows on the side of the road. Hang in there, lady... {{{big hugs}}}

Lys

danielle
03-19-2003, 05:37 PM
I'm sorry he got moved further away! I understand!! But it's good he got no more seg time.

(((HUGS)))

SHERRON
03-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Donna......I am so sorry.........I know how you feel........Todd is also 270 miles away from me (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) MOM

Budwoman
03-21-2003, 12:58 PM
He called me a few minutes ago and he is very down hearted because even at this new unit, they will not let him work at all due to his back.... so, now he sits 250 miles away only has 2 telephone calls per month, and I cannot go to see him but once a month.

Please, if any of you are willing to write to him, I will post his address so that you can...

Love Ya
Donna

lulu
03-21-2003, 01:33 PM
Oh Donna, I am so sorry. I have him a letter off.
My heart goes out you and your family