View Full Version : ?'s About Kenton County - Covington, Ky

blessing_six
02-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Hi, I'm new here and my son is going to Kenton County in Covington Kentucky!Does anyone know anything about this place? I'm glad I was blessed to find prison talk , I know this is very hard on all of us but at least we know we are not alone, bless you all and I'll keep you in my prayers.

reignbow
03-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi there I'm quite familiar with Kenton County Detention Center. I just noticed this post. My husband spent a month there this summer and then went there until they transfered him to state. Feel free to PM me and I'll let you know whatever you want to know.

Georgia

blessing_six
03-30-2005, 08:12 AM
reigbow, thank you for your reply, My son said they had 40 people in one pod. thats so unfair. but it our justice system...........Not much we can do. he is out on bail now but will be send to state somewhere so i'm sure I will need your surport on all this .it's all new to me, I will pray for you and your love ones. I know this must be very hard on you .two love ones .i'm sure you are a blessing to them. I'm so happy I founf this site. thank you again.please fell free to pm me . Linda

izellahbian
11-15-2005, 10:51 AM
In 1995 the Kenton County jail was 33% over capacity. They have not expanded the jail and it is still growing in capacity. Woman are kept mostly on the 8th floor but do to the number of prisoners some must go to the 10th floor with the men. They have no bunks on the tenth floor all the woman sleep on mats on the floor. From what I understand they have a hot pot but may or may not have a phone and tv. They do not have a shower and must be brought to the 8th floor for showers.
Men are kept on the 10th and 9th floor and most, if there is room, are transferred to the 5th floor when they enter the work program.
The jail is falling apart because it is old. Rust is running down some of the walls and the showers grow black mold.
Inmates can send each other letters inside the jail as long as they use stamped envelopes, inmates are not allowed to send their indigent postcards to each other. You can send inmates stamps, stamped envelopes, and even paper. Envelopes you send them do not have to be embossed.
My fiance is currently working in the kitchen there. I have been there once myself. It isn't anywhere I'd want to spend three years. My fiance is constantly complaining about it.

blessing_six
11-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Sence then my son has been moved again. I can't wait till get to prison. at least it will be his last stop ! the hollidays will be the hardest for all of us so I will keep everyone in my prayers.