View Full Version : Treatments for Rosacea (skin condition)...Anyone have success stories?

JustApril
02-27-2005, 04:17 PM
I have had rosacea on my cheeks for as long as I can remember. It got worse after I had my daughter, and has continued to be a problem as I have gotten older. I have tried several creams, gels, ointments and oral medications prescribed by my Doctor and NOTHING has worked!!! I end up having to wear more makeup than I would prefer to try and cover it, but most of the time that doesnt even work. I am tired of looking like I am constantly sunburned or drunk :) Has anyone else had this problem and found something that works?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
April

MrsBenji
02-27-2005, 04:32 PM
I have always been kinda red-faced. I have found that keeping a light tan, like hitting a tanning bed once a week after getting a nice base tan helps mask it. I have also found that meds only work for a little while at a time. At the moment, I am having some luck with a sulfer based face wash from the docs. It keeps the redness down for about 10-12 hours after I use it. I have been using it for around 6 months now and it is still working.

I use Metrogel as well, but it isn't really working so much anymore. Oh well.

Good luck finding something. And share stuffs that have worked for you!
Jenn