View Full Version : At the Correction Reception Ctr (CRC)...When can he call?

Boo's babydoll
02-24-2005, 05:03 PM
:cry: My Man is in the CRC ( correctional reception center ) in ohio. I havent heard from him since he was taken there from county, They said he could call after he was dont being processed i was wondering if any one could tell me what times they are aloud to call. If they can all whenever or if they only have phone pervilege when they are on there one hour that they arent on lock down. cause they are on 23 hr lock down. i would greatlt apprecaite any help you can give me. Thanks Tessa

Alynn528
02-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Hey girl,

I am going to try and remember how it goes when they are at CRC just my hubby has been out of that place for awhile now. I know they are in Orientation for 7 days and then on the 8th day they are in general population and will be in a POD. They only have Rec i think 3-4 times a wk and if they are outside Rec they cant call but if they are inside rec they can. I know I think Tuesday they go to the store so they have no Rec so that means no phones or anything! You should make sure you have no block on ur phone from MCI b.c when my hubby went to CRC he tried to call and couldn't get thru b.c MCI had our # blocked so ,,,just in case write this # down its MCI Correctional # 1-800-231-0193 and just make sure they don't have it blocked. If you aren't married to him you cannot go and visit him, but I think if you have a child by him you can. You can call up there and get his Inmate # the number is 614-877-2441 and just when you heard them say records you click that number. They will just ask you for his first & last name and all and they will give you his inmate # and you can write him a letter...if you dont have da address there you put his name & then inmate # and then CRC P.O. Box 300 Orient, Ohio 43146 and you can send up to 3 embossed envelopes in each letter!! I hope I helped you out & good luck Sweetie & I hope he calls soon. Hang in there!

Ravenslove
02-24-2005, 06:07 PM
it sometimes takes 3 days before they can call. He may have to wait till he gets to his parent institution. shouldn't be long. good luck

Boo's babydoll
02-24-2005, 11:29 PM
thank you ladies alot i was bout to have a nervous break down. I just needed to know some kind of something cause they wont tell me anything cause we are not married. what sucks is i work all kinds of weird hours so i probably wont get to talk to him cause he wont even know what days i am off so he can call when ever they do rec but i will right and hopefully i will get to talk to him soon. I just really wanted to say thank you again
May Gob Bless you in all you do and meet every need you may have.
Tessa:)

albmonsters
02-25-2005, 12:43 AM
I understand what you are going through. I can remember going through the same like it was yesterday. Funny thing is that it's been 3 years. So, I have a few tips for you. Start writing. write everyday. it makes him feel like he is still a part of your world. and it allows his a way to escape from the new shock of his surroundings. understand that he wants to call you just as much as you want him to call. and he will. just the hardest thing for me was to understand and accept the fact that we have no control. the facility says when he can call and for how long. phone calls arealways collect and usually only 15 minutes long. they can be expensive and run up quick so watch the bill. Last, once he gets to is location, things will be muchmuch easier and you will fall into a routine of your own. hang in there. it will be ok.

MsChiku
02-25-2005, 08:25 AM
:wave: (((Boo's Babydoll))) Welcome to PTO!! The ladies have given you excellent advise. I to know how hard it is to wait and wonder. Writing does help. Keep us updated and your head up. :grouphug: Sabrena :)

seansgram
03-01-2005, 02:56 PM
My Grandson(18) Is At Crc. He Was Sent Up There Two Weeks Ago. Hecalled Me This Week And Was Iever Glad To Hear His Voice. He Tells Me He Can Call Between 2-4 And 6-8, I Don't Know Is They All Are The Same Tho.

Sarah Buchanan
03-02-2005, 03:32 PM
I know it depends on what pod they are in for calls.. different pods different times. my sweetie always called in the evenings and maining of saturdays... he never could call on tuesdays because that was canteen day. He wasn't at CRC extremely long and its been months so i've forgotton most of the rules and stuff.. I hope i helped a little

Sarah Buchanan

onegirl
03-03-2005, 05:59 PM
My boyfriend was just transferred to CRC today. We are engaged and I expecting a baby soon. I am afraid that I wont be able to visit him because we arent married. He will be there locked up when I deliver so he wont even get to sign the birth certificate. I am really worried could someone please help

MsChiku
03-03-2005, 06:31 PM
:wave: (((OneGirl))) First of all, Welcome to PTO!! :)

(((BrennansAngel))) :eek: I HAD TO USE A MAGNIFYING GLASS TO READ YOUR INFO :o but as BrennansAngel stated above.. if you have a child together, CRC does allow visits. So try calling CRC directly with questions concerning visits.

(614) 877-2441 -- and when you hear them say "records" click that number. They will ask you for his first & last name, and they will give you his inmate # and you can write him a letter...if you dont have the address:

his first & last name & inmate #000-000
C. R. C.
P.O. Box 300
Orient, Ohio 43146

you can send up to 3 embossed envelopes in each letter

Here's more info on CRC: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73234

:grouphug:

I hope this is helpful...Keep your head up. You have to stay strong for the baby;)

My boyfriend was just transferred to CRC today. We are engaged and I expecting a baby soon. I am afraid that I wont be able to visit him because we arent married. He will be there locked up when I deliver so he wont even get to sign the birth certificate. I am really worried could someone please help

Trudbug11
03-21-2005, 07:54 PM
My fiancee is prolly going to end up in CRC and I'm not sure what to expect. Everyone says he will be able to get his 1st visit in 10 days but according to everyone on here unless were married i wont be able to see him. Will I be able to send him money orders like i do now or not? After reading all these things about CRC i really dont want him to go.

Trudy

babygirl1120
03-29-2005, 10:55 PM
my boyfriend has been at CRC since march 2nd...almost a month and it's been an extremely stressfull one. It's true that you can only visit if you are immeadiate family. It sucks b/c i'm only a girlfriend and i haven't seen my man since the end of february. They do call b/w 2-4 & 6-8 usually on wed. thurs. sat. and sun. Letters do help a lot. I write my guy at least once a day and he writes me every day too. Just remember that as crazy as you feel right now they're feeling that same feeling times 10. Stay strong and supportive and pray for the best! My boyfriend is trying to get into a boot camp type of thing, if he does that he's got a shot at being out in august (he's sentenced 2 1/2 yrs but only has 15 max left to serve!

babygirl1120
03-29-2005, 10:56 PM
I forgot you asked about sending money orders. My boyfriend said you can send them money orders at CRC but make sure that the MO has their name and inmate number plus your name and address.

astersbaby2001
03-31-2005, 05:58 PM

astersbaby2001
03-31-2005, 06:01 PM
I know how you feel. The first time that my b-friend was at CRC I was pregnant. No visting there at all. Had the baby when he was at Madison. When I had our son, this is what I had to do with the birth certificate. Ok I filled out all of the "mother stuff". Then it was notarized and I took it with me and mailed him the stuff he had to sign. He signed it sent it back to me and I had to take it to the hospital. They took care of it from there. Any questions about it PM me. I will be more than happy to help if I can. We are going through it all over again but this time it is Federal.