View Full Version : Anyone else a Vegitarian???

yana
02-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Just curious, is anyone else a vegitarian? I haven't eaten meat in almost
10 years! I do eat dairy though. I just don't have the desire to eat meat, I never really liked it. Now it's been so long, I don't have the "taste" for it. Anyone else in the same boat?

QBFamilyAdvocat
02-22-2005, 08:53 AM
I am a partial vegetarian. I do not eat any meat except chicken on occasion.

lovenomore
02-22-2005, 10:27 AM
I am a former vegetarian... Meaning pre-pragnancy!
I remember when my boyfriend just had to have Fast food I would get a BigMac w/ out meat, I thought it was the best! Now days I am all about the carb diet so I have grown acustom to steak! lol

What made you become a vegetarian? I was at a very young age because I watched my dad shot a dear.... And later gut it!! That set me off for years!

myjutebe
02-22-2005, 11:15 AM
I have been a vegetarian for about 25 years. I do drink milk and eat cheese but I do not eat any meat whatsoever.

Well when I was small I asked my Mom how they got meat and she told me and that did it for me. They continued to force me to eat meat until I was 18 then I flat out refused to eat it. I never really liked the taste of meat it was just not my favorite thing to eat.

I am a huge animal lover and the thought of an animal dying for to me to eat just does not sit well with me.

I make meat for our daughter and use to for my husband before he went to prison but my daughter is learning towards becoming vegetarian as well because she does not want an animal killed to eat.

Laurie

CARRYE66
02-22-2005, 01:23 PM
vegetarian about 8 years now. I work in a hospital and had a patient who looked like a juicy prime rib. I haven't eaten meat since. Every now and then I get a craving for some and i get a friend to take me out for something. it still smells really really good but the taste is AWFUL! plus I end up sick for days afterwards. friends get my dinner. and it solves my craving for another year!

MiaBellaAngela
02-22-2005, 05:41 PM
I am partial veggie. I eat fish and chicken once in awhile. I also eat dairy everyday: skim milk, yogurt and cheese sometimes.

deb
02-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Partial.... I have skim milk every day and cheese and yougurt sometimes. I also eat fish and chicken a few times a year EXCEPT at the prison where the only decent thing is stuff with little bits of chicken in it... I can't handle certain kinds of chicken or fish and haven't tried anything else in years... The feel and taste of it is yuck and I gag...

Deb

RosieG
02-23-2005, 05:44 PM
I eat fish but no other meat. I also eat dairy though. =)

yana
02-25-2005, 12:45 PM
I became a vegitarian because meat always kind of grossed me out. When I was a teenager, I started dating someone who was a veg. so I was kind of introduced to it through him. He said if I didn't like it, why eat it? I never really thought about it before that, I just ate meat because I was "told" to. I have a 3 year old and she eats meat. I would never force vegitarianism on her, it wasn't forced on me. She can make that decision if she ever decides to. I do on the other hand, try to get her to try some of the foods I eat. She LOVES tofu of all things! Lately I've been eating some of those new Gardenburger Meals. They're so good and low in fat. Makes for a good, quick lunch.

yana
02-25-2005, 12:46 PM

Spanishlove
02-28-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm a partial veg. I stopped eating beef about 9 yrs ago and pork about 7 yrs. I still eat seafood and poultry. I've recently started eating and drinking soy milk and yogurt. I get sick when I eat milk products besides being intolerant of it.