View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Foothills CI NC

robertsgal
02-22-2005, 01:46 AM
I have a friend transfering from polk to foothills and would like to know if it is an okay place. I believe he will be in closed custody- whatever that means. Anyone have any experiences they might share with me?

Thanks In Advance

Niightdrmr
03-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Welcome to PTO ..... if you search thru the posts here in the NC forum I am sure you will find something about Foothills.....if not try going to the DOC webpage for NC and pull up the facility you are trying to find out about! Need any help please PM me!!

Kelly

marcsbaby
03-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Welcome to PTO...
Marc was just transferred out of Polk so I know a great deal about that horrible place!!! Maybe I have seen you at visitation sometime...
As far as foothills goes, I have heard about it, but have never had any personal experiences there.
Marc has a co-defendant there, so I doubt he will ever have to go there, but then again, marc is minimum custody and I believe Foothills is a med-close custody camp.
Nightdrmr had some great advice as well...if you search the NC forum for Foothills, maybe something helpful will pop up...
Good luck and if you need anything, PM me...
~Katie

NC_Peaches
05-07-2005, 07:44 PM
I know a little about Foothills...but it depends on which part you want to know about...if it's the part called High Rise...then it's not too great...my son was there for 2 months 10 years ago...he was in a lockdown cell most of the day...the cells are dry cells meaning they have to depend on guards to let them go to the bathroom across the hall...this is just what i know about the 10th floor...now the other Foothills is a restricted green clothes camp for adult males...they get to go out and work in the community...it is just like most of the other green clothes camps...is there anything in particular you would like to know about Foothills?

SwanksMom
05-08-2005, 05:04 AM
I have a friend transfering from polk to foothills and would like to know if it is an okay place. I believe he will be in closed custody- whatever that means. Anyone have any experiences they might share with me?

Thanks In Advance
Hello robertsgal, I have a son in Foothills. he's been there for 1 year and is doing ok. It seems to be alright he has'nt been in any big trouble, but did get in a fight the first couple of weeks he arrived. but i suspected that, by him being new. He is staying out of trouble and is in school to get his GED. So as long as he stay away from the trouble makers he'll be ok. Close custody is what my son's in too. It means that he's a felon, because of his crime he has to be under close supervision. There are levels of custody and he's in the most serious one but that does'nt mean it's all bad. That's my understanding of it. Maybe someone can give you a more in dept techinical meaning of it. :thumbsup: He'll be fine. Tell him to stay busy.

SwanksMom
05-08-2005, 05:05 AM

nasty4.6cobra
01-02-2011, 11:22 AM

Thanks In Advance
yes he will be in close custody that is a max prison for STG gang.i is very rough there and there is nothin good about that prison all i can tell is the truth and he better know how to fight really good.i did almost 3years there and it was a living hell for me.how much time does he have?

triplejs
01-22-2011, 10:02 AM
yes he will be in close custody that is a max prison for STG gang.i is very rough there and there is nothin good about that prison all i can tell is the truth and he better know how to fight really good.i did almost 3years there and it was a living hell for me.how much time does he have?

My son is wanting to go to Foothills when he makes honor grade - he's at Piedmont now which is medium security.

The reason he wants Foothills is he has a job lined up for work release in Burke county. He only has 8 months left.

Is Foothills a good camp for him to go to or it is a bad camp? My son is not a troublemaker, not in gangs, just a guy wanting to end his time up close to home and working a job while he's finishing up his time.

Thanks!

Friend05
07-07-2011, 11:59 AM
My son is wanting to go to Foothills when he makes honor grade - he's at Piedmont now which is medium security.

The reason he wants Foothills is he has a job lined up for work release in Burke county. He only has 8 months left.

Is Foothills a good camp for him to go to or it is a bad camp? My son is not a troublemaker, not in gangs, just a guy wanting to end his time up close to home and working a job while he's finishing up his time.

Thanks!

Hi my friend just got transferred to foothills and he told me before he got transferred they only et two call per month he heard it from one of the inmates. I haven't received a call from him yet and I am guessing since he is in processing he can't make even one all, u just want to know is this true they they only get 2 calls per month? Thanks

Kim2017
03-21-2018, 02:21 PM
My son just went to Foothiils February 14. He has called me and sound calm. He is 17 yrs. old. I worry everyday and plan on seeing him real soon. He says he starts school at the end of the month and will be going upstairs when he turns 18 in the 29th of this month. I miss my son. He will be home in a 1, pray to GOD. My blessings to everyone on here. No one seems to understand how I feel.

fbopnomore
03-21-2018, 05:21 PM
Welcome to Prison Talk and to the North Carolina forum. I hope your Son will become comfortable with his situation quickly. He should be OK, so try not to worry too much.

Kim2017
03-30-2018, 02:28 PM
Thank you so much for the invite and my son is adjusting. He says has been moved since he has turned 18 years old. I pray everything goes fine for him. It is challenging because it seems no one understands how I feel. I feel helpless and I worry alot. I am glad I have found this website to reach out to others that understand what I am going through.