View Full Version : Question about tongue rings and visits

bIgMiKeSlAdY08
02-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Okay when you visit a ohio prison will they say anything about your tongue being peirced? i dont know if it woudl set the metal detector off or what i know its a stupid question and i hope i dont get responds like in my other thread

littlemamma
02-20-2005, 12:35 AM
no they won't say anything about it being pierced and no it won't set off the metal detector.

ToAsTy
02-20-2005, 12:53 AM
excatly what littlemamma said :D

MsChiku
02-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Ditto that, as long as the metal detector does not go off, the tongue ring is not a problem. Same with braces on your teeth. :thumbsup: Sabrena;)

1nonlyTeRe
02-21-2005, 04:47 AM
Umm I beg to differ.. At Warren it will go off.. any body jewelry sets it off.. now at Lebanon it won't set it off.. I think it just differs with the prisons.. Some of the metal detectors are more sensitive then others..

Ravenslove
02-21-2005, 08:54 AM
i am not trying to sound smart. but as long as you keep your mouth closed while going through the detector you will not go off. being inside your body wil shield the jewelry. No matter how sensative the machine is turned to. have a great visit.

yana
02-21-2005, 09:17 AM
IT TOTALLY DEPENDS ON THE FACILITY. I've visited two facilities that didn't ask or check. The one my man is at now, EVERY visit, the lady checks my mouth to see that they are both removed! This is the same level facility he's been at so no, that's not the issue. And I think also it sometimes depends on the person working the desk. One place he was at, two different CO's told me different things about wearing jewlery. One let earings and a neclace to be worn and the other let nothing. So it really depends on the facility and who's working.

1nonlyTeRe
02-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Well Ravenslove, I am speaking from experience.. Mouth was kept closed and it still went off.. so I had to remove it... But like I said at Lebanon it won't go off.. So she won't have a problem long as she keeps her mouth close and they don't see it..

MsChiku
02-21-2005, 05:54 PM
(((Ravenslove))) my thoughts exactly :D Another thought is that in Ohio, as long as the jewelry is genuine gold it won't set off the detector either. I can't help but see folks trying to walk thru the detectors while holding out their tongues :haha: Thank you for that laugh.;) Sabrena

i am not trying to sound smart. but as long as you keep your mouth closed while going through the detector you will not go off. being inside your body wil shield the jewelry. No matter how sensative the machine is turned to. have a great visit.

1nonlyTeRe
02-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Most tongue rings aren't gold, they are silver or stainless steel.. I wear silver jewelry and it always sets the detectors off at Warren, I never had that problem at Lebanon..