View Full Version : Coming home Wednesday and nervous!!

Michael's_Lady
02-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Is it just me or do you feel nervous when you see your baby again? I'm excited while yet, I'm extremely nervous. I want to be happy but I'm not sure how to feel. How did y'all feel when he came home?

California Sunshine
02-20-2005, 03:05 PM
It's not just you! I think it is pretty normal to go through a range of emotions.I was very nervous as well as excited before my guy came home! I went through ALL the emotions LOL

He has been home almost 3 months now and I'm still emotional at times! It's a big adjustment for both parties.It is wonderful to have him home but there are some rough patches as well.

Hang in there and Congrats on his homecoming :)

donnysgirl4life
02-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Its definetly not just you!!!!! Im afraid about how its gonna be!! it might be perfect like it was before, but then again, it may be harder then i think!

begonia
02-20-2005, 09:08 PM
mine will be home in 25days and I to am going through wierd moods. I have not been able to speak with him on the phone because he is PC at SQ so its been 3wks that I have not heard his voice. I am so excited that I can hardly sleep or think about anything else. I just drink lots of beer so the time seems to go by faster. LOL

patwaiting
02-21-2005, 06:22 PM
my husband gets out in 60 days.... im VERY excited, but just as scared. We have actually decided for him to go to after care for 6-8 weeks. I think coming strait home would put more strain on the marriage and the kids (what if he screws up?) I would like a little time to see how he's doing with his soberity for my self. A womans intawition is usually right on. When they first get out there is alot of running around to get their life back in order. And Ive read on PTO that there is an adjustment period for them from prison life to home life. I want him to get involved in a support group for addicts in our area, before coming strait home. YES im scared...

ronniesbaby3
02-28-2005, 12:02 AM
my baby comes home in 3 months....im nervous, excited, scared, anxious, worried....just about every emotion is there....ive become very independent so this will be an adjustment....then again everything will....i try not to be too demanding....and i am realistic about how things are going to be....obviouslyi want everything to work out for the best but i'm not going to put up with any crap....our babies don't deserve a part-time father, and i don't deserve a part-time husband!....almost everyone i talk to about my feelings are going through the same thing....as the time gets closer, a wider range of feelings come into play....Good Luck to you!!!! stay strong