View Full Version : My Phone died while we were talking!!!

Manzanita
02-19-2005, 07:37 PM
I am so upset... darn it!! My husband called and we were joking around laughing and my phone dies without warning, I guess it was not charged well :mad: :blah: :angry: then he kept trying to call back and i could not answer it!!! Finally it started working for like a few seconds enough for me to tell him it died and now he won't call back I am sure and that was like probably worth one whole phone call. We only got to talk for like 2 minutes...and it must have costed like $7...and to us it is alot, we have to regulate the calls because of money...and I have been needing to talk to him lately, missing him and going through some stuff :angry: :blah: :mad: :banghead: :shake: :cry:

poor thing, he is probably so upset too now....DAMN CORDLESS PHONES!!! damn MCI for charging $3.50 for the first minute too!! :blah:

Ken'sWife
02-19-2005, 07:42 PM
I am so very sorry!!! I feel you.

Bec Marie
02-19-2005, 09:40 PM
MRS G ~ That really sucks!!!! I have an extra regular old phone.... just in case. ( i'm a awful at putting the cordless phones on the hook)

Hopefully the phone will be charged and you can have a good chat later tonight or tomorrow!

Manzanita
02-19-2005, 09:47 PM
well 10pm is the deadline and he did not call back, sh** sh** sh** this was the worst night for this to happen...freaken cordless gosh darn phones!!!!!! :blah:

outlawsdeb
02-19-2005, 09:50 PM
you at least have the calls :( .......the rule in this house is when everyone goes to bed ALL phones have to be on chargers!!!!!! And when I come home at 4am if they are not on the chargers I start to push the paging button. :angry: If it wakes anyone up....OH WELL!!! :blah: Then they remember the next night....don't want to be rudely awoken 2 nights in a row........Yep..I am a B**ch. :thumbsup: ...But my phones never die........ :thumbsup:

Manzanita
02-19-2005, 09:55 PM
LMAO....that is funny!!!!!!!!!! thanks for making me laugh :)

LeaAnn
02-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Awww Mrs G that really sucks! Due to past power outtages I have a corded phone on hand in case of emergencies and it works well for the cordless phones too. They are much cheaper than buying another cordless phone. I do my best to keep mine charged up at all times. How often do you two talk? Could he call today maybe? For your sake I sure hope so!

Manzanita
02-20-2005, 09:09 AM
He could call back this morning but he didn't. I am sure he is figuring it would cost more money now on top of those dropped calls. he was not supposed to even call last night because the night before we talked for an hour. we do not have set time that we talk, but lately we have been needing to talk. friday I was very upset and I guess he called last night to check up on me. .....but now without that last call, I feel incomplete, until I talk to him again :(

MrsPhil
02-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Someone told me you should always have a regular phone if you have a cordless. Sorry this happened to you. I know how much our phone calls mean to us.

Manzanita
02-20-2005, 09:10 AM
:( I guess I have to get another phone but who sells those kind anymore? LOL

LeaAnn
02-20-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey you can get one almost anywhere Kmart, Target, Walmart etc. For your sake I hope he tries again today. You New Yorkers are so lucky to get 30 minutes per phone call. Here in Michigan we get only 15 minutes! My guy gets out in seven days, so my phone bill will be so much lower because he calls three times a week.

Manzanita
02-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Well, if he calls, it will not be until this afternoon now or this evening :( I do not think he will though, I hope he does not think I did this on purpose, he did not seem to understand why the phone died, maybe not knowing about charging phones LOL

4MyBabyBoy
02-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Awww i feel for you, especially lately with what mci did to me, not once but twice, anyways, besides the point.
I have always kept this old phone, the kind with a cord. just for emergencies and that did happen once where my phone started dying. Luckily it has an extremely long cord that i could reach from the kitchen to the living room to get comfy.

trescheek
02-21-2005, 07:33 AM
o, mrs. g, sorry to hear this! Hopefully he'll call back soon ... i was in target last nite and saw the "regular" type of phones there and they were really cheap, like 5 bux or so. It didn't have any of the latest "perks" like caller id or anything but i got one just to have in case of power outages, etc. the cordless phones can be unreliable at times, as I've learned from experience with the cordless going out due to non-charging (my son likes to leave off the base ALL the time!). Anyway girl, run out and get one ASAP! :)

Manzanita
02-21-2005, 11:52 AM
thanks for all the support ladies. he has not called back yet :( maybe next week I guess....

Kobe16
02-21-2005, 12:04 PM
hey mrs G! that super sucks! sorry hun!!! DANG PHONES! :blah: but I hope he calls back next week!!

Manzanita
02-21-2005, 12:32 PM
thanks ;)

starzzmom
02-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Sorry Mrs G! I know how it feels, the piece of crude cordless I have doesn't hold a charge to save my life! I've been disconnected more than once! After the big power outage 2 summers ago, I have a corded phone just in case. They still sell them. ANd get an extra long cord, because when you are used to roaming the house on a cordless and suddenly you are tied down to one chair, it will make you crazy!!!!!

Mrs. JV
02-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Man, that sucks!!! I hate when things mess up our calls; it's so frustrating! Hope he calls again soon.

MrsBenji
02-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Awww... I feel for you Mrs G. I hate that and the calls dropping like that leaves you feeling like the call is unfinished.

I dunno about in NY, but I had some phone line problems last year that caused a few dropped calls and I called CBS and asked for a refund because of the high cost for what they could see was less than a minute or two. And hold onto your britches, but they DID refund me the whole amount of those calls. I dunno if it's possible for you, and it took me two months to see, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Just a thought.
Jenn

Manzanita
02-22-2005, 06:42 AM
you ALL are so nice and very sweet to try and comfort me, he still has not called and get this one...yesterday afternoon (monday) I realized my phone had been disconnected since the night before? I think! The cord seems to be loose! I have no shopping near me to buy a phone and since it snowed I have not gone out much, I will get one this weeked.

Back to work :(