View Full Version : Crash with no license... ? re: Federal Probation Violation

4MyBabyBoy
02-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Violating parole by getting in a car accident with no license....what will happen?
He was taken into custody on the scene. Will he be sentenced for violation of parole? If so, what kind of time can one get for this? :confused:

NuBeginning
02-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Is he on parole in New York? Generally speaking, he'll be violated because he was driving without a license. One of the conditions of parole is that they have to abide by the law. I don't know how much time he'll get for the violation. Let me know which state he's on parole in.

4MyBabyBoy
02-11-2005, 09:16 PM
he is in NY, but he is under U.S. probation not state...he came out of the feds.

NuBeginning
02-11-2005, 10:20 PM
he is in NY, but he is under U.S. probation not state...he came out of the feds.
Thanks for the additional info. I'm going to move this to the Federal Forum, as they are more knowledgable concerning federal issues.

4MyBabyBoy
02-12-2005, 07:42 AM
Thanks NuBeg, it's really not someone close to me, just someone my fiance knew and i was curious about it.

LavenderRose
02-22-2005, 04:28 AM
It really depends on the probation officer, but odds are he will go back to the Feds. From what I understand, if you are violated, you will have to serve the time originally recommended by the prosecutor if that was not your original sentence. If you were released with good time, you will have to complete that good time. The plus is that once you have served your additional time, you have no paper (that is, no further probation).

I won't swear by this, but that is what was discussed when I was in the Camp by the jail-house lawyers and also what happened to the women who were violated.