View Full Version : Lump in breast

1dayatatime
02-10-2005, 05:58 AM
I have a doctors appoinment today. Its this afternoon. Tuesday when I put my bra on I noticed by breast was very sore. Came home that evening and when I got in the shower I noticed a large lump in my L breast. I called yesterday and I got an appointment. I am mad at myself because I still havent gone in for my follow up labwork from several weeks ago when my prolactin level was high. I know the chances of breast cancer for my ago are low--but they exist.

Anyone have any experience with this? J called last night and I told him so of course he is worried. I will keep you all posted.

Eternal Hope
02-10-2005, 06:46 AM
I haven't had experience with this, but you are certainly in my prayers, and maybe someone else has experienced this and can give you more information. Gosh take care sweetie! HUGS!

chintath
02-10-2005, 06:50 AM
I will pray it's just a cyst--I've been trhough that worry and know what you are going through. Good luck today.

Lilboobooev
02-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Good Luck! Hopefully its just a swollan gland or something. Defenitly in my prayers today!

Marc's Mom
02-10-2005, 07:18 AM
You'll be in my prayers.

Garyzgal
02-10-2005, 08:37 AM
Hi 1day..I have experienced this twice...I know how scary it is. After the doctor looked at them (the same thing happened both times although they were about 4 years apart), they tried to drain it with a needle, hoping it was a fluid build-up..no such luck. Both times I had surgery & thank the Lord, both times were benign (is that how you spell it??). The surgery didn't take long & I was pretty sore for a while afterwards but I was just SO happy it wasn't cancer as my grandmother had breast cancer. I was told this can be common and to cut back on caffeine. My last one was a while ago & I haven't had any problems since. I TOTALLY know the anxiety you are feeling and that is normal. The only advice I can try to give is not to jump to conclusions (I know, easier said than done!!). I also told the doctor before surgery that I didn't want a huge scar, both times they did pretty good and you really have to look to see the scar now. Please feel free to PM me or let me know if you need anything or just want to talk...Like I said, I know how scary the "not knowing" is. Good luck & I wish you the best.

wvamomma
02-10-2005, 08:47 AM
it's great that you are getting it checked. that's how my mom found her breast cancer. I pray that your results are better than hers. Keep us informed.

hesavedme
02-10-2005, 08:53 AM
you are always in our prayers girl.remember :faith can move mountains!

1dayatatime
02-10-2005, 09:27 AM
I am hoping its either a fibrocystic breast disease which is from to much caffeine or swollen/stopped up gland. It could be swollen gland becaust the prolactin level is messed up.

Thanks for the prayers.

ONE

JJT
02-10-2005, 09:46 AM
One,

Let us know what you find out. Right now, who knows what it is, and worry doesn't help anything.

I will be holding good thoughts for you throughout the day.

JJT

1dayatatime
02-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I was ok with the visit but the closer the time comes I am starting to panic. The office is in the next town--about 45 minutes away. J is a boob man----I dont flaunt them but I sure dont want to loose one!

One

JaycieDnTejas
02-10-2005, 11:31 AM

qwerty
02-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Please let us know how it goes... I have a couple of friends with fibrocystic breasts. They say if it's sore that's a good thing!

1dayatatime
02-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Qwerty.
You are right. When I worked in OB/GYN thats what the doc always says. He says that cancer usually doesnt hurt.

ONE

JaycieDnTejas
02-10-2005, 11:35 AM
If it's sore, it is more likely to be fibrocystic. I started getting those fibrocysts when I was in my 30's -- they are from hormonal changes and from (you already know this) too much caffeine, chocolate and/or fatty foods. Even though I knew this, I could never completely eliminate all of those things from my diet, but at least fibrocysts are harmless, even though it is sore and annoying! You probably also know that the doctor can drain them and that is not painful at all. Good luck -- I know you are worried but I don't think you should be! Let us know! We are thinking of you and sending our prayers up.

mrsford
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Fear of the unknown is scarier than anything you will ever have to face. I am glad you are going to the doctor. A lot of times people don't go because they don't want bad news, and the truth is they make themselves sick about something they would not have had to worry about had they gone to the doctor. I know how that goes because I used to be one of those people. "Used to be" are the key words here. LOL I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. Good luck!

jeffsprincess
02-10-2005, 12:30 PM
I do not have a lot of experience with this, but I have been through something similar when I was younger. My mother noticed something when I got out of the shower one day and she rushed me into Manhattan the next day. She was having a pannic attack, I was like what is going on. I was 12, I didnt understand really, but breat cancer does run in my family.

Anyway, it ended up being a chicken pox scar, as stupid as that sounds, but I will never forget that when they asked me if it was tender to the touch and I said no, my mom started to cry. Im not 100% sure, but I believe that if it hurts it is a good sign!

Please keep us updated and remember we are here for you!

Retired-17
02-10-2005, 04:15 PM
I've went through the whole breast cancer thing too, so my thoughts are with you.
By the way- I am MALE.

My cancer started in my colon, spread to my breast, my liver, and now my bone.
It was a scary experience, but believe it or not, I am glad it happened- let me tell you why:

Now I know what women go through, as far as the whole mammogram / breast surgery experience. I give you all a lot of credit.
I had a lumpectomy, and it wasn't so bad! You'll be fine.
My prayers are with you!

1dayatatime
02-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks for all the prayers. I went to the doctor he says its nothing. Dense breast tissue. I feel so much better. I am about to post something in the spiritual section--I know why i was in this area today.

Thanks to all of you!! Good to see you back Jay and I hope you are doing well.

ONE

jeffsprincess
02-12-2005, 08:31 AM
I am so happy to hear the great news!!!11