View Full Version : I lost 6lbs and 2% body fat

TNC
02-03-2005, 12:30 PM
I decided even tho its that "time" for me I would still get weighed today as planned. Now that I know what my weight is I am going to weigh again next week just to see the differance, but I didnt have many options since the trainer doesnt come into the gym until later in the AM. Wed. is my only day I can be there that late, but next week my kids have dentist appts so I wasnt going to be able to get my weight and measurments and I really didnt want to wait much longer.

Anyways my weight is down 6lbs, my waist has gone down a few inches. My arms and legs havent changed, but for me my theighs are the hardest part to get rid of.

In total I lost 2% of body fat. She said a healthy level is up to 1% a week. I fell right in the middle. I know 2% isnt much, but I am more then pleased with 2% over nothing at all.

Retired-26
02-03-2005, 12:32 PM
good job tanya!!!!!!! i know you have been working so hard for this! i have been keepin up witcha girl ;) you go girl, its just melting off!!!!!!!!! :D

jessesgirl4ever
02-03-2005, 12:34 PM
hey, good job!! I am ashamed of myself. I have not gone at all this week and I know I will not be going this weekend cause I am going to visit hubby... I need some incentive.. heck, I need to be threatned to go!!!

Wtg4MikeP
02-03-2005, 12:36 PM
that is so awesome!!! :yay:
Keep up the good work!!! :thumbsup:

JustLisa
02-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is great... I need to get busy on losing weight... maybe you will be my motivation!! :)

irisheyes66
02-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, T!!! 2%, that is GREAT!!! You keep on with what you're doing, and before you know it....you'll be reaching those goals.

I am SO proud of you!!!!!

jeffsprincess
02-03-2005, 01:01 PM
That is wonderful news!!! Congratulations, and keep up the good work!!!

jessica23
02-03-2005, 01:32 PM
I think that's great - 2% IS a big accomplishment. Good for you!

Jessica

TNC
02-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I know that as far as my diet goes I have a lot of room to improve. Its better then it started out, but I know I havnt been as disiplined as I could be. I will admitt I have cheated more then once. If I can continue to do my workouts and make more changes in my diet then I should be able to lose more then 2% a month.

I've also made some changes in my cardio workout because the treadmill alone just didnt seem as effective as it started out. I'm hoping between the cardio changes and the changes I know I can make in my eating habits next month will be a better month

Honeymooner
02-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Wooo-hoooo! Good for you!
I hate the term "cheated"--it makes it sound like you did something bad. Instead, think of it as some days you eat better and healthier, other days you don't.

Go pick up a 5# bag of flour--you lost that much weight, and then some! But, your main goal should be about getting healthier. Which brings me to...when are you seeing the doctor about those headaches?????

melbo
02-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Congrats, that's great. I think it's ok to cheat every once in awhile, as long as the next day you get back on track. The more changes you see the more motivated you will be. Good luck, and keep us updated on the progress.

TNC
02-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Wooo-hoooo! Good for you!
I hate the term "cheated"--it makes it sound like you did something bad. Instead, think of it as some days you eat better and healthier, other days you don't.

Go pick up a 5# bag of flour--you lost that much weight, and then some! But, your main goal should be about getting healthier. Which brings me to...when are you seeing the doctor about those headaches?????
When I saw your post I knew I was gonna have to face the music :D

I havent got myself into the doc yet. I havnt had anymore headaches either. I did check my blood pressure yesterday at the store (twice) and it was really really good.

asweetangel99
02-03-2005, 05:53 PM
TNC, I am proud of you! :wave: keep up the good work :) How often have you been going if you dont mind me asking? I try to go at least 3-4 times a week, I didnt go last night and IM not going to night (now i feel guilty) but i will get their tomorrow. I just feel like i cant go every dang day. i know they recommend 5 times a week or so. I tryed this class at the YMCA called Bodyflow after my workout on tues. Yoga, combined with Tai Chi and Pilates... it was really good i felt so relaxed and stretched out,,, like i was on a cloud. I think complimentary stuff like that is good too.

Eternal Hope
02-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Yay Tanya, I think you did great! Six pounds is a lot, and 2% body fat is good. Keep up the good work!!!! I am proud of you!

TNC
02-03-2005, 05:57 PM
I have been going between 4-5 times a week. Sometimes I stay longer and do more, but for me the most important part is building the habit of going. That was a huge step for me. I was so self consious(sp) and hated working out in front of others, but this has actually turned out easier then I expected. I guess partly was I was really ready for this

1dayatatime
02-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Congratulations!! I am so proud of you. I know the hardest part is actually getting to the gym but once you get into the routine you will actually start enjoying going.

Keep up the good work.
ONE

JamesWifey
02-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Congrats Tanya!! We are all very proud of you!!! 6 Pounds is awesome and your commitment & dedication to a new lifestyle is excellent!! Keep earning those results!!! You deserve it :D

((hugs))
Marie
JamesWifey

Honeymooner
02-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Remember that the little things you do throughout the day can add up, like parking further out in the parking lot, using stairs instead of the elevator.

Keep an eye on that B/P, my dear. I don't want to come out there to change your diapers and spoon-feed you pudding.

donnysgirl4life
02-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

California Sunshine
02-03-2005, 08:22 PM
That is awesome :) Congrats!

TNC
02-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Remember that the little things you do throughout the day can add up, like parking further out in the parking lot, using stairs instead of the elevator.

Keep an eye on that B/P, my dear. I don't want to come out there to change your diapers and spoon-feed you pudding.
And you'll never guess who I was thinking of when I took that blood pressure and they were good :D

Tulip
02-04-2005, 12:08 PM
You are such an inspiration!!
Glad to hear the bloodpressure is good.

MiaBellaAngela
02-14-2005, 08:51 AM
TNC Congrats! How is it going? I am right there in the same boat with you. We can be workout and food buddies. PM/email me anytime!

Ciao bella

I do not know if this will post 2x. website acting up.

joenash4lyf
03-04-2005, 09:35 AM
i'm really happy for you! God Bless the rest of your journey!

lovenomore
03-04-2005, 09:41 AM
This is great news... I am happy for you...
keep up the good work!
And from my experience... I have lost around 40lbs change is always good!