View Full Version : House Bill 4039: Electronic Tether for Child SUpport Dilinquents

StacysWar030
02-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Heres a new bill for "dead beat" parents. This is SO much nicer then prison or jail time and much less expensive to OUR pocket books :)

http://www.michiganlegislature.org/mileg.asp?page=getObject&objName=2005-HB-4039

Stacy

mrsdragoness
02-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Oh I think this is GREAT!!! I have an attitude about people who can't be bothered to pay their child support while they enjoy their life.

Making them sit home on tether is MUCH better than prison. They'll get a taste of what its like for their kids who never get to do anything special because mom or dad doesn't help out.

OK.. of my soapbox ;)

StacysWar030
02-01-2005, 05:53 PM
EXACTLY Mrs D! And we won't have to pay for THEM :) They'll have to pay to use the tether.........a MUCH better plan :)

Stacy

MrsBenji
02-01-2005, 06:37 PM
YAH!

Hrmm... are they feeling okay up there in the legislature? That actually makes sense. But don't tell anyone. Shhh... They wouldn't like it if it made sense.

Evil giggles.
Jenn

sugarhill
07-03-2006, 06:38 PM
its about time they start thinking about the children

LeeS269
10-15-2006, 10:12 AM
There is a hidden problem here.

If someone goes into prison and has a past due balance before going OR they don't get back in to court to get their child support put on hold during incarceration they are in trouble. Michigan's clock starts ticking and when you get out they consider you however many months or years behind.

You can walk out of prison and right into a police car and back to court!

Sorry to restore your faith in Michigan being illogical... but it's true!!

AmyLynn
10-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Lee I know that when my kids father was on his way to prison he was all ready behind so when he went in front of the judge they lowered it to $12.00 a week for 3 kids and I have not raised it trying to give him a break but the state has to do something cause he did 2 years of parole and he never paid it. Now i"m fighting to get it raised again. They have to do something cause sending them to jail is not helping at all..

LeeS269
10-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Oh... Please don't misunderstand me.

Tether for real deadbeats is a great thing.

But inmates should be given a chance to obtain employment, get established and then start paying. It's not fair for them to get out 3 years later and then be charged with being 3 years delinquent and hauled away.

In your case they should have made paying child support a part of parole! Is fiend of the court helping you get back into court and getting it raised?

We had to go to court after he was incarcerated to get the child support stopped until his release. But another lawyer never filed the proper form to get it stopped when he lost his job.... and now he's stuck with an arrearage. We paid child support until we had nothing left!

AmyLynn
10-16-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry if I got little up set but I have had no luck with friend of the court. They dont help enforce anything he just does as he wants. I go to court file papers for a court date and he will not show and I lose a day of pay I work as a waitress. I could go on and on. Yes I do think that they should let them get a job and get on their feet again.

LeeS269
10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
No apologies needed.

Can we trade fiend of the court offices? Ours only looks after the Mom's interests even when she is completely wrong!

You may be able to get a lawyer to work on the case and get him to pay the lawyer fee.

You can also complain about the fiend of the court to the state office and see if they do anything.