View Full Version : FMC Butner, North Carolina

sadmom1070
01-29-2005, 11:06 PM
:angry: :rolleyes: Can anyone tell me anything about FMC Butner??? my son is being transferred there after 60 days in SHU in Miami. He needs to be monitored for cancer. How are the visits and the facility as a whole??? Thanks for the info.

MomsInTrouble
01-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Hi, I don't know anything about Butner but I thought I'd help out by pushing your thread up front to maybe catch a few more views. There are some people on here with men at Butner, I was talking to a lady in chat last night.

Good luck to you and your son.

Niightdrmr
01-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Hi...
We have a sticky thread here in the prison profiles forum that has links to the site for BUTNER..... its the very first thread here in the PRISON PROFILES .... take a look at it and I am sure it will help you out.... good luck and welcome to PTO!!! :)

Kelly

sadmom1070
01-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks for your response, but am looking for info on the Medical Facility???

Niightdrmr
01-30-2005, 08:10 PM
FMC Butner
P.O. Box 999
Old Oxford Hwy 75
Butner, North Carolina 27509-1000
919- 575-3900
Fax: 919-575-4801
Security Level: Male /Administrative Security
Facility Code: BUH

That is what was listed in the federal thread..... if you are looking for some where to stay while you are visiting there is also some information in the threads as well.....maybe you could call the prison and ask about their visitations..... but the one thread has alot of information for the area there in Butner if you would be visiting...good luck!!

Kelly

dragonlady
02-13-2005, 08:18 PM
:angry: :rolleyes: Can anyone tell me anything about FMC Butner??? my son is being transferred there after 60 days in SHU in Miami. He needs to be monitored for cancer. How are the visits and the facility as a whole??? Thanks for the info.
Were you able to find anything out? I was looking for information too. My man is in Butner Low but might be headed to the medical facility...waiting for a biopsy....I'll keep you in my prayers.
Anita

lisamaria
05-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Hi..

I'm looking for any first hand information on FPC Butner, NC.
My fiance is heading there the end of next month for 20 months.
He wants to be as well prepared as possible.
Thanks.

Honeymooner
05-20-2005, 08:51 PM
I've heard that, as far as any of the medical facilities go, FMC Butner is near the top. But, don't be fooled about the "medical" part. It's still prison, but it has an on-site hospital and a medical unit where they house some of the more serious conditions. At FMC Lexington, even inmates on narcotics "long-term" are housed on the medical unit. I still haven't figured out why anyone is housed separately--nurses don't come check on them, medications aren't brought to their rooms. They still have to walk to the main area and stand in pill line like everyone else.

imissyou39
01-23-2006, 04:52 PM
hi all I dont know nothing about butner and I 2 am looking for ino on butner cause my hubby has said that he might tranfer there that would be nice that way he will only be 2hrs way from home instead of 3 1/2 hrs any thing will help

BrookinsTwo
02-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Can anyone tell me some in sight about this prison? Does anyone have a love one or know of someone who receives dialysis treatments there? I am told they do not offer it but I am also aware of hush hush things that can and do go on about services like this. I call the prisons and try to get some information and they will not tell me anything. They tell me that my loveone will have to get someone from where he is to contact them. Do they contract out this service? I need to know as soon as possible. I have a love one who needs to be trasfered and I am trying to find a federal facility that has dialysis besides FMC Mass Devens. Thanks!!

dragonlady
02-12-2006, 08:12 AM
I am sorry i do not know the answer to your question, however i would suggest going on the "medical forum" you might have a better chance of getting some answers or at least some direction....good luck...and God Bless

apollo99xx
04-12-2006, 11:51 AM
Currently 2 locations have onsite dialysis. FMC Devens in Massachusetts and Springfield in Missouri. From what I hear the Devens unit is much better.

PrincessDzzyMom
04-13-2006, 06:12 AM
Here is a website pertaining to FMC....http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/buh/index.jsp
I am new to this site so I hope linking this way is permissable.

mary bell
04-13-2006, 08:55 AM
brother being transferred, they said yesterday, but I don't know from Pensacola where he has been since Aug'05 for a 5 year term. Not sure what is wrong with him, never passed his physical and they are shipping 10 to Butner FMC.

Question, he is Low security level, will he be at the medical unit all the time or will he be able to go to the low security unit on site? What is it like to serve time at the medical unit? How long do they stay there? Is it just like being at the other federal prisions only they can have medical attention. Don't think he's too serious but you never know. Just trying to find out the lay of the land, he just got settled and had lots of friends and now they are moving him.

bunbun
04-13-2006, 12:57 PM
hi can any one tell me how to fine someone who was in prison and far as i know has gotten out . he was a close freind of mine and maybe moved back to nc name is david agee ? also knowen as micheal agee . thanks ;)

PrincessDzzyMom
04-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Go to reversephonedirectory.com at bottom of page is a place to type in name & state. It then says they found it in their database and to click submit to see results. There were 4 names listed I believe.

PrincessDzzyMom
04-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Here's what I found...http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/buh/index.jsp

babykake
05-16-2006, 09:52 PM
bunbun: you can locate information on federal prisoners using this link:

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp

vman1967
10-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi and how are you I can give you all the information you need about Butner FMC the unit is a great facility if you have medical needs there is a special care for onocolgy patient they have designed this unit to due in house treatment kemo therapy you name it they will treat it but they also lose about 120 patients a year so if your love one is in a critical stage then I can help you apply for compatient release I spent 2 years at butner Fmc then I was moved to the Mediume unit to the low but keep in mind that this plantation is dedicated to medical needs the wardon his name is Buler he is agreat guy also one of the good pa her name is hunterbuski and dr Ramsy also is a great doctor.If you need some one to talk to then just call me (personal phone number removed per PTO policy). please PM member.

vman1967
10-27-2010, 08:44 AM
email me at

e-mail removed per PTO policy. Please PM Member.

sayhea
01-19-2012, 01:24 AM
:angry: I have someone very dear to me arrive in Butner almost one month ago for an operation to remove a fast growing cyst and was urgently shipped off for the operation. He was not told that it was cancer until he arrived and has yet to talk to anyone about his condition. This time is life critical for him and I can't believe he has not been evaluated or given any more information.
Please direct me on what to do. I live in California and cannot bear to think that he may lose to cancer because of oversights in this prison system? I truly hope something can be done to help here because this needs attention.
No doctor has been to see him and I want to bring to attention of whoever can help do something here. He has developed symptoms that are very scary as they may be signs of the cancer spreading as we speak.
What can I do here? Who do I contact about this? How long do they wait to evaluate the condition of an inmate? Is there any priority as to the urgency of an inmate's current condition?
Each second that goes by is critical ... I want him to survive this cancer. I want to scream out load and cry. I need a miracle here. Please help asap.:confused:

mrs13000558
12-12-2012, 07:28 AM

hey my husband was there at one time for drug abuse and from my experience ecveryone was really nice and visits were for an hour in a room with couches and i was allowed to bring him food. that was in the mental health ward though but i hope this helps it may be similar throughout.