View Full Version : Winter storm

1dayatatime
01-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Just wondering how have you all prepared for this "storm" that is suppose to be coming this weekend?

I got what firewood I had left from a couple of years ago in, got a loaf of bread and filled the car up with gas.

I am off Saturday but work Sunday so either I hope it comes and goes quickly or we get snowed in til at least Monday!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and be careful if you are traveling! :)

One

acpcpa
01-28-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm not so much prepared for the storm, but to be entertained by the way the people act when a little precipitation is threatened in Ga. I know it is a big deal here, but I'm just not sure why it cause major food shopping ect. Of course, where I'm from, it's business as usual, unless it's a major blizzard, 2 feet or something.

Anyway, I guess it's just depends on what your usesd to and how prepared the city is also.

My 2 cents

~BabyG~
01-28-2005, 04:56 PM
I agree with apccpa,

I am from the north and am very used to it. I don't think that we will get much. I just hope that I don't loose any power (heat) or the telephone...gotta have the phone calls ya know what I mean...good luck everyone~!

1dayatatime
01-28-2005, 05:14 PM
I dont freak out and run and buy the stores out but I do want my kids to have easy foods in case we loose electricity and in case of emergency I would like gas in my car (I am bad about riding around with the low fuel light on).

So I am not panicking just being prepared.

ONE

swtmel
01-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Yeah I am one that is just being prepared. I went to the store today, basically because I really needed some food I was about out, and man o man was the store crowded. I got some movies, got some homework, so I figure I will just lock myself up in my apartment pop in a good movie and call it a night. I love the cold weather. I hope we get lots and lots of bad weather, but not enough to lose power, just enough to ooooo say cancel classes monday :D I do not ask for much in life lol

1dayatatime
01-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah I am hoping I am unable to go to work on Sunday. It would be nice if school is canceled on Monday because I am off!!!

ONE

haswtch
01-28-2005, 08:42 PM
It snows in Georgia? Who knew?

lilivoryangel
01-28-2005, 09:31 PM
I just filled up with gas and we have plenty to eat. People who are not from GA must remember that here we are not prepared or equipped for ice/snow. That makes some people a little anxious. Also, some of us remember how many did not take the flood of '94 serious and paid a heavy price.

MrsWest11
01-28-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm not in GA but...a neighbor! :p I haven't "prepared" I'm just upset (ticked off is more like it) cause I can't go visit cause of this crap! :cry: Hope everybody stays safe...that ice ain't nothing to play with!

(((huggs)))
Sel

SCM32
01-28-2005, 09:44 PM
ALWAYS BE PREPARED I survived all 4 hurricaines here in Florida. I have never even seen snow. A huge oak tree smashed rite through my bedroom. 2 weeks later when everyone else got their electric back, I didn't because of the wire damage, and my home was declared uninhabitable. The first 2 storms we did not prepare for, and we ended up in food and ice lines and no gas in our car !!! When the electric is out the stores are closed, and that means no food ice or gas !!!!!All I gotta say from first hand experiance, BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST, because you never know, :thumbsup: Peace

Willssweetie
01-28-2005, 10:28 PM

SCM32
01-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Willssweety, that is too cute :D

1dayatatime
01-30-2005, 09:41 AM
Well I am back---no heat/water we had to stay in a hotel last night along with most people. Every hotel in this town was booked by evening. We have a fire place but limited wood and with no electricity the blower doesnt work. I woke up at 4 am on Saturday morning with no electricity. Got every blanket in the house and put on the bed and we all got in the same bed. What a feeling of helplessness to know your kids may be cold. About 4 we finally went and found a hotel. Thank god for American Express. We are up and running today but from what i am understanding most of the town isnt.

NO snow just ice which is worse. The ice is snapping the lines as soon as they fix them.

I hope everyone is safe and warm today.

ONE

rksbabby
01-31-2005, 03:19 PM
I wasn't happy with the weather, It was the worst in Gainesville, where my baby was at....I was planning to go see him....but b/c of the weather I couldn't!

coolchik4sure
01-31-2005, 03:31 PM
Well I am back---no heat/water we had to stay in a hotel last night along with most people. Every hotel in this town was booked by evening. We have a fire place but limited wood and with no electricity the blower doesnt work. I woke up at 4 am on Saturday morning with no electricity. Got every blanket in the house and put on the bed and we all got in the same bed. What a feeling of helplessness to know your kids may be cold. About 4 we finally went and found a hotel. Thank god for American Express. We are up and running today but from what i am understanding most of the town isnt.

NO snow just ice which is worse. The ice is snapping the lines as soon as they fix them.

I hope everyone is safe and warm today.

ONE

I'm a neighbor, myself, and this is exactly why people tend to freak out! Of course we are not prepared for this weather b/c it is RARE! You BETTER get prepared...food, water, some means of producing heat (ie: generator) or you will not be laughing! Sorry you guys had such a rough time, one day!