View Full Version : Do U use a CPAP machine?

MiaBellaAngela
01-28-2005, 09:54 AM
:) If you do not know what a CPAP machine is you don't have one and can skip this thread.:)

I got a CPAP machine 4 nights ago. My titration is 12 and it may increse because I am still have apneas. I am having severe gas in my stomach and I have lost my sense of taste. Does anyone know if this goes away as my body adjusts?:eek:

Thank you. PM me if you do not want to post this in an open forum. Thank you!
Ciao.

MiaBellaAngela
01-31-2005, 10:09 AM
We have 37,000 members. Someone must use this.

princes' girl73
02-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Mia, sorry I do not have that machine, but have you tried to contact the company itself to see if they have any medical advice that they can tell you? Or what has your doctor told you? I really hope that someone can come by and give you a better answer with your issues and concerns..

Take care..

Kellie

MiaBellaAngela
02-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Thank you kellie. That is a a good idea. I think I will also search the net this weekend.

bethbupp
02-04-2005, 04:50 PM
I asked my husband to come look at this thread, because he uses a CPAP machine. I just have to listen to it all night! :p He said that he has never had those side effects. He asked me if you have a humidifier on your machine, as perhaps the lack of one might becausing some of the trouble. Good luck!

SarahAshley
02-04-2005, 06:09 PM
I have never used one but I bill for them all day long. Tell me exactly what problems you are having with it & I can ask one of the service reps that I work with what you can do about it. The place that you got it from should have a RT that would help you if you got it from a bigger company. Let me know & I'll do me best to help you. Damn, I really need to get a life outside of work. LOL

Jenuwine
02-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I used to use one before my gastric bypass surgery. Since taking weight off I don't need it any longer. I was at a 14 and I never had any of those side effects. I loved using the machine, I wouldn't go a night without it. My mom on the other hand, hated using it. Everyone is different I suppose.

MiaBellaAngela
02-04-2005, 09:18 PM
I have the humidifier set at 2 or 3. I use a full face mask. The loss of taste cannot be addressed by the Dr. or the RT.

The air blows directly into my stomach and turns into a hard ball of air that is very painful. I found elevating my shoulder/neck/head elminated 80-90% of this. I have been searching for one of those big triangular pillows to use to elevate myself and I cannot find one anywhere. I wonder if they still make them or if I am dating myself.

I am 20 lbs. overweight so my side affects are not weight related.

Thank you and ciao.

Carlax3
02-04-2005, 09:43 PM
I use to have a CPAP machine -- mine was set at 9 -- I did not have any side effects, but then again I didn't use the full face mask -- i liked the plugs up the nose -- (I was so scared of the face mask -- it made me feel claustaphobic) Anyway, I digess...the wedge pillows are still around -- now here is the funny part --- they now use them as "sex" pillows :blush: -- I'm sure they may have them somewhere else...but when I was looking for sexy lingerie and other "goodies" :thumbsup: a while back -- they had those pillow on the website - can't remember the website -- but I got it from a PTO thread...anyway -- I thought hmmmm...those pillows would sure make life more interesting...good luck.:p

Stay Blessed

Carla

Jenuwine
02-05-2005, 05:26 PM
I had a full mask also. Maybe they have it set too high for you?? Have you stopped using it one night to see if it was the machine causing these problems? Maybe it was just a coincidence that they came after you started it and it is something else causing it.

MiaBellaAngela
02-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Thank you to those who responded. I found a very good website and thought I would hsare so you can pass it onto your loved ones.
http://www.talkaboutsleep.com/chat_messageboards/messageboards.htm