View Full Version : Am I Ever Gonna See Results?? =(

JamesWifey
01-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Hello To All My Dieters and Fitness Friends ;) :

My new years resolution for 2005 was to eat healthy and exercise on a regular basis (basically a change of lifestyle). Prior to this resolution I would eat as much fast food as I wanted & was never conscious about what I was putting into my mouth! I was always very thin growing up but as I reached my 20's it started to catch up to me. Most of my jeans are too tight now and I am finding myself having to buy a lot of new clothing because the old stuff won't fit :( I am a very petite woman. I am only 5"1 (maybe 2) and have a very small bone structure, however I have a lot of excess fat (you can call it "flab" or a "pouch") on my stomach and thighs. I am not looking to lose a lot of weight-- my goals are basically just to "tone up" these areas.

I am getting kinda discouraged though because for the past month I have eaten nothing but healthy foods (fresh veggies, fruits, fish, etc.) & I have also done lots of cardio and ab work. I do not expect to see results overnight but in 1 month I have not lost even a 1/2 a pound, nor can I notice any results! ::SIGH::

Any insight ladies?????? :confused:

Thanks,
Marie

rottn
01-21-2005, 02:34 PM
If your building up muscle then you won't see anything on the scale. I know when I was working out hard core my jeans were baggy as all heck on me and my clothes just hung, but I actually gained 10 pounds. If you are doing all the toning up then you might not see a loss, measure the inches.

elephantstamper
01-21-2005, 02:53 PM
It is all about the inches my friend!!!! Every single diet or program I have tried says that you lost inches way before you lose pounds!!

Another thing is drink lots and lots of water!!!!

My big thing right now is protien, I know I don't get enough....and I also know that protien helps burn fat and build lean muscle!!!

*gets on her soap box* Do you drink a lot of soda pop?? That is a killer right there!!!
I have a medical issue that i have to take meds for and I can no longer drink pop :cry: But, I have dropped the weight like a hot potato!! There are a ton of empty calories in soda pop!!!

AEMS
01-21-2005, 03:00 PM
water water water...no carbs at night....I am telling ya...I dont work out...and I drink three or four liters of water a day and no carbs for dinner and in three weeks my friends of noticed a major difference.