View Full Version : I lost 4.5 pounds

TNC
01-21-2005, 11:41 AM
My official weigh in isnt for a few more weeks, but today when I was at the gym I just needed to know if anything has changed. I took it upon myself to go in and get weighed. Sure enough the gal said "you've lost 4.5 pounds".

For the most part that weight loss is from Friday of last week until today. I was so excited when I walked out of that place. I had such a huge grin on my face that you could have turned off all the lights and still seen the glow.

I know that in some ways 4.5 doenst seem like a lot, but for me its a huge amount. I know that I cant expect this every week, but if I can do this for a few more weeks then I will be happy

betrayed_4_life
01-21-2005, 11:42 AM
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: GREAT JOB T!!!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Tulip
01-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Well I think it is a huge amount! Well done!!

elephantstamper
01-21-2005, 11:49 AM
:yay: :dance: Awesome Job...Good for you!!!! :dance: :yay:

4 1/2 lbs is a lot. :thumbsup: When I started to lose some weight I thought it didn't seems like a lot to everyone else, but to me it was huge too....Just keep doing what you're doing and you will love how you feel!!!

A tip that helped me....I don't know if you drink soda pop, but I "had" to stop drinking it all together (for medical reasons) and the weight just started dropping off....there are a lot of empty calories in pop!!!

Good Luck in your continuing weight loss....I am losing right with ya!!! :thumbsup:

JamesWifey
01-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Tanya:

This is awesome hon!! You should be so proud of yourself. You are determined and motivated and it shows by the results you are getting. I can imagine at your official weigh in you will be even more impressed!!! Keep that huge smile on your face & keep up the great work hon! :thumbsup:

Marie

irisheyes66
01-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Yeah, girl......what did I tell ya? I know you are going to have great success :D

iznam3
01-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go, keep up the momentum.

melbo
01-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Cool!!!!!!!! That's Awesome!!!!!!!!

Marc's Mom
01-21-2005, 12:04 PM
GREAT JOB !!!!!!!
It is alot ......pick up a bag of sugar
wouldn't want to hang on to that for hours would you ????
Good girl
I agree about the soda pop
stop that...... fruit juice and lots of water !!!!!

LeaAnn
01-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Congratulations! Remember every little bit does matter! It's not an easy thing to do, but if you try hard enough you can do it. Keep up the good work!

TNC
01-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Diet Pepsi is my biggest weakness. I have a pretty good chocolate weakness, but even that I can give up. When it comes to my soda its something that I will have to work on.

I wont say I cant do it, but it will take time

MiaBellaAngela
01-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Great keep going....

SCM32
01-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Oh my goodness, that is great TNC !!!!! And 4.5 pounds in just a week ? You can't beat that !!!! I need to do what you are doing, :dance: keep up the great work, and let me know all you are doing to loose the weight. I need some good ideas . Peace Sonya

AEMS
01-21-2005, 12:37 PM
That's great!!!! Keep up the good work girl!!!!!

TNC
01-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Oh my goodness, that is great TNC !!!!! And 4.5 pounds in just a week ? You can't beat that !!!! I need to do what you are doing, :dance: keep up the great work, and let me know all you are doing to loose the weight. I need some good ideas . Peace Sonya
The biggest thing I'm doing is going to the gym and working out each day. I have been doing cardio every day and resistance training every other day. Along with that I have been doing 50 crunches at home every day

Wtg4MikeP
01-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Way to go!!!! That is awesome!!!
I used to be a weight loss consultant for Jenny Craig, so I know that 4.5lbs. is very good. Especially for a woman. Average per week is usually anywhere from 1.5 - 3 lbs. And you will usually lose more in the beginning because alot of it is water weight...and don't ever get down if you hit a plateau....
Let me know if I can help you out with anything...

Keep up the good work!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :thumbsup:

JJT
01-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Whoooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

that is awesome!!!

Congratulations!!

**heads to kitchen to pick up bag of sugar for reference**

JJT

chinikfb
01-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Peace....You go girl....every pound lost is good. I, on the other hand, have probably gained your 4.5 lbs. I am glad for you...continue to take it one day at a time....it took us years to get to this weight and will take time to come off. Best of luck. Blessings...

Willsgirl
01-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Congrats I know what you mean about being so proud for just losing alittle. I am doing the Weight Watchers and I lose 1.4 in one week. :) I was very happy. Keep up the good work.

mrsdragoness
01-21-2005, 04:39 PM
:thumbsup: SUPER DUPER!!!!!!

JustLisa
01-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One time I was frustrated becuase I hadn't lost as much weight as I wanted and my mom said, imagine that weight that you lost as pounds of hamburger.. lol.. so imagine 4.5 pounds of hamburger.. thats ALOT!!!!!

I need to get busy on the weight loss myself........

Congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCM32
01-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Yay for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One time I was frustrated becuase I hadn't lost as much weight as I wanted and my mom said, imagine that weight that you lost as pounds of hamburger.. lol.. so imagine 4.5 pounds of hamburger.. thats ALOT!!!!!

I need to get busy on the weight loss myself........

Congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, :D Or a 5 or 10 pound bag of potatoes is how I think of my lost weight. lol :thumbsup:

lovespell
01-21-2005, 04:58 PM
That is AWESOME! Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged even if one day you just go on a binge...I am so happy for you! I am in the same boat, I need to lose a little bit of weight...you said Diet Pepsi is your down fall? How come you can not drink DIET PEPSI...isn't that better than Reg. Pepsi or even Fruit Juices that usually have a lot of sugar??

marcsbaby
01-21-2005, 10:27 PM
GOOD JOB TANYA!!!! Girl you keep at it....you will shed the weight in no time....that really is a big deal..he*l, losing a couple pounds is great......You lost 4!!!!!
You go with your bad self honey and keep up the awsome work!
~katie

California Sunshine
01-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Good job :) I'm jealous lol

suzeg3
01-22-2005, 10:48 AM
That awesome--- you go girl!