View Full Version : Can I weight train daily

TNC
01-20-2005, 06:59 PM
I did weight training on Tuesday and on Wen. I took a break as I was in a bit of pain. I trained again today, but now that I am on a roll I want more. If I'm not feeling sore tomorrow then can I weight train again or should I force myself to wait until Monday?

I am so getting into all this and now I dont want to stop :D

busman
01-20-2005, 07:04 PM
If you focus on different muscle groops each day, say upper body today, legs tomarrow, abs and back the next and keep a rotation you can work out every day if you choose.
You can even do arms seperately. Sit down and map your body into sections and focus on a different section each day. You can do cardiovascular every day.

TNC
01-20-2005, 07:09 PM
I've been doing the cardio everyday, but I have limited the other. Normally when I do resistance I do it all on one day and skip the next. I am thinking that as much as I want to do it again tomorrow its probably not a good idea. I may do my legs tomorrow since I messed up on what weight I should have used today. I couldnt figure out why the one machine seemed so much easier today, but when I got home and looked at my paper it was because I used half the weight as I did on tuesday.

My upper body is tender now so giving it a break until Monday is probably for the best, but my legs feel good.

I'm just so excited about what I'm doing and want to keep on going

busman
01-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Don't worry about the weight. The important thing is a consistant routine. Keep your journal with you while you work out and keep the plan with you also. You need to alternate days to allow the muscle to heal after working it. In school we'd bench press every other day and do squats and back, then arms and legs in a consistant rotation. We'd make it a point to isolate as small an area as possible to work each muscle independantly and then with other muscle groups as a unit. It would strengthen much more and our definition was outstanding.
Most people use machines today which can give you a smoother tone than free weights. Free weights force your minor muscle groups to work for balance and control that you just can not get with a machine. But consistancy is key and a rotation as well no matter what your choice.