View Full Version : WOW...What a GREAT workout

TNC
01-18-2005, 01:34 PM
For Christmas I got a membership to a gym. Since the start of the new year I have been going. Because of my health is so bad its been baby steps, but they are steps.

Part of the membership included two sessions with a fitness trainer. Last week we went over my health, goals, took weight & measurments and general discussion about fitness and cardio.

I've been going and doing the cardio, but today was my session with the trainer going over the resistance training. I decided to go early so not only could I go over the resistance, but do some cardio.

I did 20 minutes on the treadmill then it was time to get with her. We spent an hour doing 3 sets of 12 on 8 differant machines. Needless to say my legs were shaking and numb. She said the shaking was good as that meant it was working my muscles.

I am sure I will feel it tomorrow, but right now I feel pretty darn good. I think part of what made me feel so good it knowing my goals are reachable. Long term I want to lose about 100 pounds, but short term I want to focus on 40 in 6 months. She thinks that I can lose 60 in 6 months. If thats the case then I would already be over half way to my long term goal. I was so excited to hear that. My 33rd birthday is in June so that would be wonderful.

I probably wont be able to do the resistance training tomorrow since more then likely I will be sore, but I will be back on that treadmill

AEMS
01-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Good for you!!! You go girl! You will reach those goals easily...just keep your mind on it!

JamesWifey
01-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Tanya I am proud of ya girl..... and I am sure Chris is too!! :D Keep up the good work!! You are in control here and once your workout becomes a routine it will be easy!! I wish you luck on achieving your short and long term goals!!

::HUGS::
MARIE

TNC
01-18-2005, 02:10 PM
once your workout becomes a routine it will be easy!!
This is the hardest part for me, but each day that I go its getting easier and easier to be there.

The trainer will do a weight and measurment check every three weeks. I keep telling myself that I have to do this no matter how hard it is. I cant go back in three weeks and not have lots a pound.

I WILL SUCCEED

lovenomore
01-18-2005, 02:14 PM
GREAT!!! I am glad it is working for you!! It gets easier I promise!!

Keep it up!!

MiaBellaAngela
01-18-2005, 02:16 PM
They say it takes 3 weeks to set a routine.

Good for you Tanya. Go for it!

irisheyes66
01-18-2005, 02:29 PM
This is probably hard for you to believe right now (especially after the "burn" sets in tomorrow, lol)....but there will actually come a point when you are upset and cranky if you can't work out, because your body will come to depend on that delicious release of endorphins.

I am so proud of you, girl; I told you it was all within reach :thumbsup:

diamondts99
01-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Way to Go! I go to curves 30 minute workout 3 days a week and not only does it take up some of my time, but I have really gotten to where I love going, keep going girl after a while you will enjoy going so much! and congrats on the recent marriage!

jessesgirl4ever
01-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Good for you, I started the gym Sunday too. New membership. I haven't met with the fitness person yet, but I am anxious to. Hey, we can use each other for support!! How many days a week do you go? I haven't decided how many days to go yet myself.

TNC
01-18-2005, 04:10 PM
(especially after the "burn" sets in tomorrow, lol)
I am really looking forward to the "burn" feeling. Having that feelings is a sign that somethings happening. There was a point today while working out I didnt think I could do one more, but I am a pusher when it comes to that. I know and believe that no pain means no gain. I do the same thing on the treadmill. When I find a speed that seems to be really working me I will push that + sign to go a little faster just so I dont stop within my confort level.

Bring on the Burn

Tulip
01-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Way to go Tanya!!! :thumbsup: