View Full Version : What Inspires You

TNC
01-17-2005, 12:14 PM
I have always needed to lose weight and now more then ever. It has seemed that the more I gained the less drive I had to lose it. I knew that I needed to lose it, but I was so depressed about it that I just couldnt do anything about it. I have recently found more support and inspiration then I ever thought.

The first thing that really made me think I could do this was the show the biggest loser. After watching those people do it I knew I could to.

My husband is one of my biggest supporters. He loves me for who I am now, but he wants to get as many years with me as he can. He is so gentle when it comes to my weight and he knows exactly how to encourage me. Its something that we can and do talk about a lot. He gives me a lot of strength and that makes it so much easier. On our visit on Sunday he said "honey you are very very pretty just as you are, but we know that weight does change looks. When you lose weight you will be drop dead georgous". Now those few words dont sound like a lot, but he really does boost my confindence. My husband really feeds my ego and for me thats a good thing. I have always been insecure so a little ego feeding gives me that extra confidence that I need. I truely couldnt ask for a better husband.

Next is my bestest friend in the world......For her I am ever so greatful. She has helped me see that I am beautiful now. Because of her her I am more secure about pictures of myself. Those are something that I would never take, much less post for others to see. She is always reminding me of what I can do. When I need a little extra push and Chris isnt around to give it to me then she does.

What helps you in this ever so huge battle

TNC
01-18-2005, 04:13 PM
After having my best workout yet I have found something else that inspires me. As strange as this sounds the pain durring and after the workout inspires me to do more. Having that pain tells me that I am doing something right

JamesWifey
01-18-2005, 05:17 PM
My fiance inspires and motivates me to eat well and exercise. It seems like so many of our men are devoted to exercising during their incarceration. When James calls me at night we discuss how our workout went that day. He always tells me in his letters that he envisions me while he exercises and he likes going that extra mile for me! Now I do the same for him. While I am on the treadmill I think of him and how good I'm going to make sure I look in a dress or bathing suit when he comes home!! That definitely works well for us! Also, listening to music with good beats really gets me going as well!! I have to have my music during a workout!!
:yay: :fb:
--Marie

1dayatatime
01-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Well I read this yesterday and still havent come up with an answer. J always told me how beautiful I am. But he hasnt seen my in quiet a while with no clothes on. When he comes home in November I would like to be the size I was when we married. I went shopping yesterday and they had bathing suits out---I almost got sick. I refuse to buy one until I loose some weight. I hate to shop and I think its because I am unhappy with me weight. I weighed yesterday on some digital scales while we were out shopping. According to those scales I have gained 4 pounds since last week! I should hang my wedding dress out and let that be my inspiration.

ONE

TNC
01-18-2005, 06:02 PM
I should hang my wedding dress out and let that be my inspiration.

Another thing I've done is dig out some old pictures of me when I weighed a lot less. Even though I've never been skinny seeing those pictures actually made me think WOW.....Compared to now those pics are a huge deal

jeffsfriend
01-18-2005, 06:17 PM
I am inspired when my man tells me about how hard he is working out. He doesnt need to lose weight, but he wants to build muscle. I have been working out too, but I do need to lose some weight, so we talk about it and how "buff" he is gonna be, and how I am gonna look superhot for our vacation when he gets out.