View Full Version : Women's Prison in Lexington

Kpatrick94
01-12-2005, 06:02 AM
I am scheduled to surrender to the women's prison camp in Lexington Kentucky on the 17th of January. I wanted to know how long it will be before I can call home or have visitors. I also have about a million other questions but I can't think of them all right now. Is there anyone who is familiar with this facility and who can help me? One thing I wanted to know was how many times can I call home and how much does it cost. Please help me.

reignbow
01-12-2005, 06:25 AM
I don't know about that particular prison but I've gotten calls from 3 seperate state facility's and each one cost me *digs out phone bill*8.71 for a 20 minute call. I don't know if they are cheaper in state or not since I'm in florida.

Thats all I can really offer. Good luck!

titantoo
01-12-2005, 06:30 AM
I am sorry you are about to be incarcerated. I cannot answer your questions but I want to welcome you to PTO. PTO is a wonderful place full of kind, generous and knowledgeable folks who will do their utmost to offer help and support whenever they can. I am sure you will hear from some of them very soon.

babygirl350
01-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Welcome to PTO. This is the place to be and I hope you will take full advantage of it before you have to leave.

As to your question about the price of your calls, it differs depending on where you will be calling. I am currently in Kentucky and 40 miles from my husband. His calls are 4.50 for 15 minutes. He has also been 100 miles from me and the calls were also 4.50. It just depends. It also depends on who the telephone carrier is for that particular prison.

Good luck to you and hopefully someone might come along who can address your other questions.

Remember we are all here for you in whatever way we can be.

Honeymooner
01-12-2005, 05:28 PM
My husband is at FMC Lexington. It costs about $70/month for 300 minutes.

reignbow
01-12-2005, 05:42 PM
is the prison camp federal or state? My dad is also in Federal (A long story it's been a hellish year) and like honeymooner said they are allowed 300 minutes for under 70 dollars each month. In November and December those are upped to 400 minutes.

cjjack
01-12-2005, 05:51 PM
It is federal, but the camp is for women.

gogetum
01-12-2005, 06:08 PM

Kpatrick94
01-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the information. Do you know how long before I can call home? It is the Federal Prison Camp for women in Lexington, Kentucky. Also, Can I have things mailed to me? I heard that I could have soft back books and magazines but when I called today they said no. Is that true?

Kpatrick94
01-13-2005, 11:18 AM
cjjack-

I read something that you had written on another page about the Lexington, Kentucky Facility. I'm not sure where to find that again. I wanted to ask you a few questions about it.

How many women are in one room typically?

Can you shower everyday and are there doors on the showers?

How long before I could call my son and husband the next day, the next week?

What types of things are available to purchase? Does it cost a lot?

I'm scared to death. I have so many questions. I called the facility yesterday and they told me that my family couldn't send me anything only letters and cards. I thought they could send me soft covered books and magazines and also pictures. Do you know?

Kim

reignbow
01-13-2005, 12:42 PM
From everything I have seen you can have books and magazines sent in as long as they come from the publisher. They have to come direct from like amazon.com or another reputable seller. I have found that to be standard practice at the federal prisons. Your family can't send them but they can order them. Prices on commisary at federal are reasonable. About what you'd pay at the store or just a little more.

The only really expensive items are if you are in a prison that allows you to purchase a TV or radio etc. Those get expensive. But general items like toiletries and snacks are pretty much what you would pay in a higher end grocery store.