View Full Version : Did anyone else read the article about proposing new beds?

melbo
01-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Did anyone else read the article about the Govenors proposal for 9000 more beds between now and 2007?:mad:

This is crazy, I thought this might possibly be the year we saw some prison reform in Arizona. The state budget is a mess the way it is. So does this mean that any bill the legislature comes up with that has to do with sentencing reform the Govenors gonna shoot it down, obviously she doesn't want to see any of our men coming home any sooner.

Thoughts anyone? Mel

melbo
01-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Ok. so sorry Google alerts alarmed me, that article was back in 2003, I did some research! I guess maybe there is hope! Mel

arriana
01-11-2005, 06:28 PM
sadly she is following through on that as she is adding beds so actually your late reading of it just reminds us this came to pass,,, she added beds in AZ and out of state facilities too
makes all those there think and reminds you to email your governor and tell her that you want listenign to
I have actually used email to talk to her office a few times and they do respond.. if enough bother her maybe she will listen
never hurts
but thanks for the reminder

melbo
01-11-2005, 10:02 PM
I got myself all worked up over nothing. Those google alerts are great, but not when they pull up old news. Personally, I have read alot of positive articles about prison reform in Arizona, but what they've been talking about this for how many years now?Ii would love to write the legislators and the governor, any tips on what to write. Thanks, Melissa

az-tears
01-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Hi Melissa,
I find good books on the web on how to write a strong positive letter always write straight to the point,and keep it short.if it gets to long they get bored and forget what its really all about. Go to your library web site thats always helpful.
Good luck PM me if you need any addresses or names
Truly Patty

boobbetrap
01-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Let me tell, she is something else, she doesn't believe in helping anyone that gets out of prison she wants them to return to prison, more revenue for the state.her answer to everything that has to do prison inmates is build more prisons and add more beds. she doesn't look at any thing to do with rehabilition for the inmates. or or out for that matter. the only way that will ever change is for us to vote her Ass out of office as soon as we can, her ideal of rehab is more beds so more men and women can return. she is devil spawn.not good for anything as far as we are concerned, lets get her out of office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!